Thursday, January 8, 2009

My first entry!

Today I decided to start a blog about my life as a single mother with a young daughter.
My daughter is not quite 2 yet but she will be in a few months.
Life is definitely not easy but it is filled with a lot of joy.

My DD has been sick for what seems like the last month.
I have not gotten a full night sleep because she has been waking up every night. When she wakes up she will not go back to sleep unless she comes into my room or we fall asleep on the couch together.

We have been to the doctor 3 times and they keep telling me it is viral. That means bring her home and give her Motrin until it passes. This week the told me to start her on Amoxycillen. (Does that mean they have been wrong all along and it is bacterial or they are trying to pacify me by giving her medicine???)



I started giving her the medicine last night. Giving medicine to a toddler...well my toddler anyways is not pleasant. She flat out refuses to take it. If I try and force her to take it she ends up spitting it back up all over me and usually herself too.
My trick is to sneak it to her in juice or in a bottle..
DD was off the bottle until she got sick..... Now when she cries she cries "I want my bockie" a.k.a bottle.
Another thing she has been crying is "I want my daddy". This breaks my heart. It also makes me feel like I am not good enough for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment