Thursday, January 8, 2009

Background Info

Here is a bit of background info about my Baby Daddy...lets call him BD.

I met BD when I was at a very unstable place in my life. Looking back on it I might have been depressed.I was drinking a lot and making very bad decisions.

Things progressed with our relationship very quickly and within 6 mths I found myself pregnant.
I struggled a lot with the decision of how to proceed. I knew that I wanted to keep this baby. There was an immediate sense of knowing that keeping her was the right thing to do.
BD told me he was not ready to be a father and wanted me to have an abortion. I come from an old fashioned Catholic family and I had such a huge fear of telling my parents. This also influenced me. Eventually I decided to do what I wanted and that was to have the baby.
I told BD I was going to have the baby. I alo told him that I was willing to do it without him. I told him to make a decision of whether he wanted to be involved or not.....He decided he did.


When DD was born we moved in together but BD did not stop his partying (BD is a horrible drinker! He would stay out all night, occasionally take drugs and often got in fights....right now as I type this he has a black eye and two broken front teeth).
I know this was not the type of example BD should be setting for DD but I decided I wanted to try as hard as I could to make things work for the sake of my daughter. I wanted her to grow up in a happy and loving two parent home.


I put up with all of this until BD became abusive towards me. At first it was verbally. He would call me all kinds of names and be as hurtful as he possible could. He would pick on things that already hurt me and really rub it in. Everything was my fault.
Next the physical stuff started. At first it was small stuff. He would throw things, spit on me, one time he threw a plate of Chinese food over me(when my friend was there....to add to the embarrassment).
The final straw was when he jumped on me and pinned me to the coach by my throat....He wanted to really hurt me....That is when I made him move out.

There is a lot more that happened after this but I will save that for later as I am tired typing!

No comments:

Post a Comment