Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Drunken Regular

On Tuesdays I work the day bar shift in work.
Not a great shift but I'm not complaining.

We have this regular. He comes in between 3-7 times a week.
He is a RAGING alcoholic. I personally do not think he should
be allowed in anymore.
He is mid 50s. He is a millionaire. He drives around in a big Mercedes.
He buys drinks for everyone. He is still an alcoholic.

He arrived in to the bar today at 12 for lunch.
He was rip-roaring drunk. He ordered a glass of wine and a sandwich.
I allowed him the wine as he was going to eat.

I walked into the kitchen and the POS walked out of the restaurant.
He did not pay for his wine or for his food.

He is a millionaire...obviously money does not buy class.
I am a single mother....I am not a millionaire....


I had to pay for his wine and his sandwich!


the funny thing about it is that tomorrow he will probably not even remember he was in and walked out on his tab.
He will not remember that I had to spend a third of what I earned yesterday on his food and
drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment